Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

趣聞軼事-愛母親甚於愛自己


翠霞校友提供,謝謝!
獻給時下所有年青人,珍惜與父母在一起的每一時刻!

Love mother more than you love yourself
愛母親甚於愛自己
Those Childhood Days    童年時光
When you came into the world, she held you in her arms.
你來到人世,她抱你在懷。
You thanked her by weeping your eyes out.
你報答她,哭得天昏地暗。
When you were 1 year old, she fed you and bathed you.
1歲時,她為你哺乳,為你洗澡。
You thanked her by crying all night long.
你報答她,哭了個通宵。
When you were 2 years old, she taught you to walk.
2歲時,她教你走路。
You thanked her by running away when she called.
你報答她,她一叫你就跑。
When you were 3 years old, she made all your meals with love.
3歲時,她滿懷愛心為你備三餐。
You thanked her by tossing your plate on the floor.
你報答她,把盤子一拋摔在地。
When you were 4 years old, she gave you some crayons.
4歲時,她給你幾支彩筆。
You thanked her by coloring the dining room table.
你報答她,把餐桌塗成大花臉。
When you were 5 years old, she dressed you for the holidays.
5歲時,節日里她盛妝打扮你。
You thanked her by plopping into the nearest pile of mud.
你報答她,撲通一聲摔進旁邊一堆泥巴里。
When you were 6 years old, she walked you to school.
6歲時,她步行送你去上學。
You thanked her by screaming, “I'm not going!”
你報答她,扯著嗓子叫:“我就是不去!”
When you were 7 years old, she bought you a baseball.
7歲時,她給你買來個棒球。
You thanked her by throwing it through the next-door-neighbor's window.
你報答她,把鄰居的玻璃砸得稀里嘩啦。
When you were 8 years old, she handed you an ice cream.
8歲時,她遞給你一支冰淇淋。
You thanked her by dripping it all over your lap.
你報答她,膝蓋上滴的全是它。
When you were 9 years old, she paid for piano lessons.
9歲時,她掏錢讓你學鋼琴。
You thanked her by never even bothering to practice.
你報答她,從來不費心去練它。
When you were 10 years old, she drove you all day, from soccer to gymnastics to one birthday party after another.
10歲時,她整天開車為你忙,從足球場到健身房,到一個又一個的生日會場。
You thanked her by jumping out of the car and never looking back.
你報答她,跳下車,頭也不回背朝她。
When you were 11 years old, she took you and your friends to the movies.
11歲,她帶你和朋友去影院。
You thanked her by asking to sit in a different row.
你報答她,請她坐到另一排。
When you were 12 years old, she warned you not to watch certain TV shows.
12歲,她警告你有些電視不要看。
You thanked her by waiting until she left the house.
你報答她,等她離開偏要看。

Those Teenage Years   少年歲月
When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming.
13歲,她建議你把髪型剪得體。
You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.
你報答她,對她連說沒品味。
When you were 14, she paid for a month away at summer camp.
14歲時,她掏錢送你進夏令營。
You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.
你報答她,整月沒有一封信。
When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug.
15歲時,她下班回到家,期望有人擁抱她。
You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.
你報答她,把房門反鎖不理她。
When you were 16, she taught you how to drive her car.
16歲時,她手把手教你開她的車。
You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.
你報答她,逮著機會就玩車。
When you were 17, she was expecting an important call.
17歲,她在等一個重要電話。
You thanked her by being on the phone all night.
你報答她,電話粥煲了一通宵。
When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation.
18歲你高中畢業時,她喜極而泣把淚灑。
You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.
你報答她,在外面聚會通宵達旦不回家。

Growing Old and Gray     成人、漸老
When you were 19, she paid your college tuition, drove you to campus, carried your bags.
19歲,大學學費她買單,扛著包開車送你到學校。
You thanked her by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.
你報答她,在宿舍門外說再見,為的是不在朋友面前現大眼。
When you were 20, she asked whether you were seeing anyone.
20歲,她問你是否在約會。
You thanked her by saying, “It's none of your business.”
你報答她,對她說,“這事不管不行嗎!”
When you were 21, she suggested certain careers for your future.
21歲,她為你將來事業提建議。
You thanked her by saying, “I don't want to be like you.”
你報答她,對她說,“我才不願學你樣!”
When you were 22, she hugged you at your college graduation.
22歲,大學畢業典禮上,她伸手把你緊擁抱。
You thanked her by asking whether she could pay for a trip to Europe.
你報答她,問她能否掏錢讓你到歐洲逛一趟。
When you were 23, she gave you furniture for your first apartment.
23歲,她為你第一套公寓置家具。
You thanked her by telling your friends it was ugly.
你報答她,告訴朋友家具的模樣醜。
When you were 24, she met your fianc
and asked about your plans for the future.
24歲,她遇到你的未婚夫,問你們將來何打算。
You thanked her by glaring and growling, “Mom ......, come on,please!”
你報答她,對她怒目加咆哮,“媽……,得了吧,求你啦!”
When you were 25, she helped to pay for your wedding, and she cried and told you how deeply she loved you.
25歲,她花錢幫你籌辦婚禮,哭訴深深愛著你。
You thanked her by moving halfway across the country.
你報答她,安家離她千萬里。
When you were 30, she called with some advice on the baby.
30歲,她打來電話為寶寶撫養提忠告。
You thanked her by telling her, “Things are different now.”
你報答她,告訴她,“如今情況不同啦!”
When you were 40, she called to remind you of a relative's birthday.
40歲,她打電話提醒,親戚的生日勿忘記。
You thanked her by saying you were “really busy right now.”
你報答她,說你“現在忙得不可開交。”
When you were 50, she fell ill and needed you to take care of her.
50歲,她病倒需要你照顧。
You thanked her by reading about the burden parents become to their children.
你報答她,念叨父母成為了子女的負擔。
And then one day she quietly died.
後來有一天,她悄悄地去了。
And everything you never did came crashing down like thunder.
突然間,你該做未做的事,仿佛霹靂,在你耳邊炸響。
“Rock me baby, rock me all night long.”
“搖啊搖,搖我這個小寶寶,一夜到天亮。”
“The hand who rocks the cradle...may rock the world”.
“搖搖籃的手啊……可以搖世界。”
Let us take a moment of the time just to pay tribute and show appreciation to the person called mom though some may not say it openly to their mother. There's no substitute for her. Cherish every single moment. Though at times she may not be the best of friends, may not agree to our thoughts, she is still your mother!!! She will be there for you...to listen to your woes, your bragging, your frustrations, etc. Ask yourself...have you put aside enough time for her, to listen to her “blues” of working in the kitchen, her tiredness? Be tactful, loving and still show her due respect though you may have a different view from hers. Once gone, only fond memories of the past and also regrets will be left.
讓我們花一小會兒時間,對那個叫“媽”的人表示敬意,表達感謝,雖然有些人當著面說不出口。媽媽是不可替代的。珍惜與她在一起的每一時刻吧。雖然有時候,她可能不是我們最好的朋友,可能不同意我們的想法,但媽媽就是媽媽!!!她始終陪伴你身邊,聽你的傷心事,聽你吹大牛,聽你把沮喪傾訴……。捫心自問,你是否曾經抽出過足夠的時間陪伴她,聽她講圍著竈臺轉的“傷心事”,講她也會疲勞???就算你與她意見不一,也要委婉,充滿愛心,對她表示出應有的尊敬。一旦 她去了,剩下的就只有對過去歲月的美好回憶,還有就是終生的遺憾。
Don’t take for granted the things closest to your heart.
Love her more than you love yourself.
Life is meaningless without her.
不要以為,與你心最近,你就理所應得。
愛她,要甚於愛你自己。
生命中沒有了她,將了無意義……

No comments:

Post a Comment